Wednesday, March 31, 2010

when life gives you lemons...

So...the recent happenings in my life hasn't been exactly as planned or as I envisioned. I am on disability/maternity leave already due to some bad sciatica I have been experiencing related to the pregnancy. I must say that I didn't expect to be out of work this early in the pregnancy, but there's a reason for everything and I am determined to make the most of it! So with the most positive outlook possible I have given myself a list of things to do and things I would like to do for myself! I figure this is the last time I will have "me" time so I better take advantage of it. Fun things I have added to my list include: reading (and actually finishing the books I start), spending time with friends and family, and cooking and experimenting new recipes on my very-easy-to-please husband! I already started this week with my parents testing out a new baked tilapia recipe which was a hit! I also make smoky turkey shephard's pie last night for my sister and nephews...and everybody had seconds! Perhaps I am entering the nesting phase of my pregnancy early but that's just fine. So...needless to say...life has given me lemons and im gonna make some darn good lemonade!

1 comment:

  1. You go girl! Make that lemomnade and if you need a test rat for your creations give me a call!

    ReplyDelete