Friday, January 6, 2012

Christmas 2011

I have to say this was probably my best Christmas ever! Isaiah is at the age where he is starting to understand and he's able to open his gifts (with minimal assistance) which makes it so fun! Also, this year both Leith and I were not working so we were guaranteed the entire holiday together! But most of all we were most excited to be able to wake up in our own home Christmas morning as a family. In the nine years Leith and I have been together we have never celebrated Christmas alone so this was EXTRA special for us.

Isaiah and mommy decorating the tree
such a good helper!

As we do every year we spend Christmas Eve at my parents house for their annual Londono Family Christmas gathering. My family is huge so it's quite the ordeal. Between 6 of my siblings, our kids (adding one every year or so), cousins, aunts, uncles, and family friends it turned out to be about 35 people for dinner. I know it sounds chaotic but I love it!

my handsome boy rockin his first tie

daddy and isaiah (he wanted to go play...not take pictures!)

playing the drum with his cousins and great grandma

mommy and isaiah

my sister Mindy and her son with Isaiah and I (Dylan is 6 months younger than Isaiah)

Isaiah opening his first gift

After the party we headed home. We were very tired but also very excited to wake up in our house Christmas morning.

Merry Christmas! Stocking time!

I would be lying if I said this sight didn't make me cry. I felt so blessed and happy!

Isaiah opening the grand finale gift.....(drum role)

Woody ad Bullseye! He was so excited!

After opening gifts I made cinnamon rolls, bacon, and hot spiced cider for breakfast. I would have taken pictures but it was devoured before I had the chance :). Then Leith's family came over for the rest of the day. We ate, laughed, and of course Isaiah opened tons of more gifts. We hope you all were surrounded by loved ones this holiday season and felt the blessings that God has showered on all of us.

Merry Christmas and Happy 2012!!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment