Thursday, October 21, 2010

DIY: nursery decor

So initially Leith and I decided not to decorate the baby's room/office/guest room because it is so multi-purposeful and because we had planned on moving to a house by September. Well, September came and went and we are still in our apartment and plan on being here a few more months until some plans with Leith's job pan out. So since I have sooo much free time on my hands (taking care of a baby is not time consuming at all...sense the sarcasm...) I decided to start some little craft projects to add a little umf to Isaiah's half of the room. (The other half is the office and Leith's wall of fame which holds his degrees and several momentos from his various accomplishments. I started out with purchasing some wooden letters from Michaels and I painted them blue and attached some brown and blue ribbon to hang them with. I think they turned out great!

Then I decorated a couple of shadow boxes. Since his bedding has trains and cars on it I made one of the boxes with a train cut out and added some ribbon and scrapbooking paper. The second shadow box is centered around one of Isaiah's newborn pictures which I decorated with different shades and patterns of baby blue scrapbooking paper, some brown ribbon and a few embellishments.
I believe I have rediscovered my love of crafting and although I am not as creative as I would like, I find it very thereapeutic and have enjoyed myself alot! I am working on a few crafts for christmas gifts...we'll see how they turn out! Below is a look at Isaiah's new and improved nursery.


2 comments: