Sunday, October 3, 2010

home sweet home


Last week Isaiah and I went up to my parents house for a week long visit while Leith was in San Antonio for a combat trauma training course. It was the longest that Leith had been away from the baby so that was tough for him but otherwise the week went quite smoothly. We had a great time visiting friends and family and getting a week's worth of grandma's spoiling! The first couple days we were there we went up to my parents' cabin for the night. Grandpa was especially happy about that because this is his favorite place on earth and he was very excited for Isaiah to see it for the first time. On Sunday we went to church and then spent the rest of the day relaxing in the pool, watching football, and hanging out with my sister, brother and my nephews. The rest of the week went by WAY to quickly and consisted of a visit to my long time friend Emily's house so she could meet Isaiah, visiting grandma at work and having lunch, doing some shopping, and just enjoying the company of my family. I must say that I enjoyed all the extra arms that were so willing to help me out with the baby. Isaiah also had a blast hanging out with his Uncle Frank watching cartoons and biking videos...man time!
The day before we headed home my mom took the day off work and we went shopping and had lunch which was such a blast. Isaiah even got a new toy! Although the week was tons of fun I was ready to come home and see Leith again. Of course after a week with grandma we have begun our dreaded "grandma detox" this week, which pretty much means that Isaiah had to get used to not being held all the time. What a task! I love and miss my family tons! Thanks to my parents for having us over...we love you!
bath time with grandmawe went swimming...it was 113 degrees that day!with uncle frank and feliciai love grandma and grandpawith tia Angelaout to dinnergrandma can't get enough of me!















No comments:

Post a Comment