Monday, May 9, 2011

first mother's day




This was my first mother's day this year and I have to say I was pretty excited about it! Leith had to be oncall on sunday so we celebrated on Saturday instead. Saturday morning I woke up to the sound of movement in the kitchen and the smell of bacon. When I came out of the bedroom there was Leith and Isaiah in the kitchen making breakfast dressed up in collared shirts...so cute! There were flowers and cards set up and a little breakfast table in the living room. After reading the cards and drying my tears (leith always manages to make me cry when he writes a message in a card for me), we had breakfast. Delicious homemade waffles with strawberries, bacon, and coffee...yum! Then I was told to get ready and we could go do anything I wanted. So we headed out for an afternoon of pampering and some lunch. We spent the rest of the day in our pjs watching movies...amazing! My parents came down to spend Mother's day with me and Isaiah so we wouldn't be alone since Leith had to work. We spent half the day in our pjs and then went to coronado for a late lunch and a stroll around the town. It was overall a great first mother's day. I feel so blessed to have such an amazing husband and son. I thank God for them everyday and wouldn't change our life for anything in the world. Becoming a mother has definitely changed my level of appreciation for my own mom. I now understand in every way the way she feels about me. Thank you mom for everything you do for me and for being such a great example of selflessness. I hope that I can be as great a mother to Isaiah. I love you!


my boys (isaiah is eating waffles of course!)



my delicious breakfast





my pride and joy





No comments:

Post a Comment