Wednesday, May 4, 2011

rolling with the punches...

If there's something I've learned for sure from being a mom it is that things don't always go as expected. Not a day goes by when I am either running late, have to cancel things, or rearrange my schedule due to a late feeding or an unexpected longer nap or just not enough hours in the day to accomplish everything I want to get done. But although I know this for sure, I am also human and I forget these lessons I have learned. As some of you may or may not know, Leith and I are in the process of purchasing our first home. The process has been yet another lesson for us and we have learned alot. Amongst those lessons is that dreaded topic of PATIENCE! We were supposed to close escrow last week and due to some unexpected delays we had to push it to this week. We are (or should I say were) supposed to close tomorrow and have the keys by the end of this week but it looks like that's not gonna happen either. I would be lying if I said I wasn't very upset this morning at the happenings that have occured and that I didn't kinda yell at the processor in charge of our mortgage. ok...I admit...i yelled at her. Not my proudest moment but the frustration built up and since she was the only one I was able to talk to (other than Isaiah) I ended up venting to her. I don't think Isaiah would understand much of what I had to say anyway :). After I let out my frustrations and felt a bit better I decided to go along with my plan for the day and head to costco for some groceries. All was going well and Isaiah was behaving himself beautifully until we got to the register. (btw i just realized that alot of my fellow mommies' tough day stories involve costco...haha). So I got to the register and as the clerk rang up my items and oood and aaaahhd over isaiah, I opened my wallet and realized I had forgotten my debit card at home. OH MY GOODNESS!!!! so as you may have already figured out...i had to leave all my groceries at costco and head home empty handed with a baby whose nap was overdue. Lets just say there wasn't a dry eye in that car on the way home.
What happened next was everything I needed. Leith called me while he was on his way home and knew I had had a rough morning so he told me to pack isaiah's diaper bag and have him ready so he could pick him up. "what?" I responded. Yes, and he told me to go and get a few hours to myself...get a pedicure...shop...do whatever I wanted to clear my head. I promise you all I heard the hallelujah chorus in my head at that time. Leith took Isaiah and I went and got a pedicure and had some frozen yogurt and walked around the mall without pushing a stroller or picking up cheerios from all over the ground. It was amazing! Don't get me wrong...I adore Isaiah but I needed the time away.
So hear I sit feeling much better than I did this morning and realizing how blessed I am. Although the house situation is taking longer than expected we at least have a place to live now and we still have time before we have to move. So we don't have much to make dinner tonight? oh well...Costco will still be there tomorrow and hopefully so will my debit card. God has an amazing way of showing us how to be grateful for the little things in life.

3 comments:

  1. Ah, friend! I'm so sorry today was so rough. Been there, done that. I've actually had to go to Costco 3 times in one day before!! Ugh. Well, you are right. God loves you and has your whole life/future planned. So, relax. :) And go running with your bud next time. ha! Missed you today. ;)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Good husband is an understatement :) And I've realized that I never venture to Costco w/o Hector along with me.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Yep, done the exact same thing (several times) I tend to leave my card at home a lot (and it's the only thing I carry. I'm so glad you had some alone time. Moms really need it! You deserved it!

    ReplyDelete